1996 World Cup Champions
THE PRESIDENT'S MESSAGE
“ Sports provide a great inspiration for a perfect life as it could provide many added benefits like physical health and mental balance, efficient and disciplines than any other field of activity. ”
THE PRIME MINISTER'S MESSAGE
“ The concept of an annual Presidential Sports Festival under the aegis of His Excellency President , organized by the Ministry of Sports is timely and is expected to contribute towards lifting Sri Lankan sports to new heights within a framework of encouragement and hope. ”
THE SPORTS MINISTER’S MESSAGE
“Presidential Sports Awards” signifies the emergence of a new dimension in presidential recognition for sports personalities in Sri Lanka. Thus the milestone reached in the annals of Sports in Sri Lanka will be indelible.
- Dayasiri Jayasekara
- The Honourable
Minister of Sports
The Theme for the awards was conceptualized keeping in mind the objective of the awards, which is to highlight and recognize individuals who have excelled in their chosen sports reaching the pinnacle of achievement and excellenceMore
WHO CAN APPLY
- Sri Lanka Citizen;
- Participating in a sport recognized by the Department of Sports;
- Competing at (where applicable) a minimum of International or Junior International level in their chosen sport;
- A member of (where applicable) the Sri Lankan junior or senior squad/team in their chosen sport;
- Nomination forms can be downloaded from the Presidential Sports Awards website http://www.presidential sportsawards.lk/ ,the Ministry of Sports website http://www.sportsmin .gov.lk/main/ or collected from the Chairman’s office of Presidential Sports Awards, Ministry of Sports, 3rd Floor, No 9, Phillip Gunawardana Mawatha, Colombo 7.
- All nominations for the Presidential Sports Awards must be completed by a ...
Lifetime Awards/Sports Awards
- Closing date for nominations 10th April 2016
- Final Selections 20th April 2016
People's popular Awards
- 01st March to 05th April ,Can send coupons
- 07th April to 13th May ,SMS Only